How to use the Alpha Flashes with Photoflex LiteDome XS
Take a step further with your Alpha strobes and use them with some of the common tools in the photography scene. I’m personally using the Alpha strobes with the Photoflex LiteDome XS for my on-location mobile studio assignments at MOBISTUDIOS. Where speed and space is limited – the Alpha flashes gets into the front line. Here is the short write-up on how I personally use the Alpha Flashes + Photoflex LiteDome XS. For a start, here’s a list of items that I use for each head setup:
- Lite Dome XS by Photoflex (Kit) – one set per flash head
- Flash Stand that comes with the alpha flash heads
- Mini Ball-head – I personally use a bunch of Giottos MH-1003
- Light stand for off camera (Typically utilizing wireless flashing)
- A couple of add-on items – e.g. 1/4 Inch Screw Knob (Those used on Flash Brackets. + 5~8mm thick washer what fits 1/4 Inch screws (you will see why i need them in the article)
One great thing about the Litedome XS Kit is in the size and its flexibility for your own configuration. I can have the setup pre-assembled for quick deployment. Coupling the strength of this diffusers and the strength of the Alpha wireless flash, its a great professional tool for you to consider.
1. The LiteDome XS Kit (Standard)
The Standard LiteDome XS kit comes with the following items:
- LiteDome XS
- Back Cover
- Mounting Ring
- Main Holder (Consist of Vertical Adjust Knob, Standard ISO flash shoe clamp with horizontal position adjust, main knob to secure to Mounting ring)
- 04 x Frame Spokes for the LiteDome XS
I will not go through the actual assembly procedure of the LiteDome itself as the documentation is available at Photoflex website.