HVL-F20AM – User Interface
User interface – Controls on the HVL-F20AM
Now we’ll look at the user interface of the HVL-F20AM. The HVL-F20AM do not have any LCD panel or complicated LED arrays to begin with. Its basically have the following interfaces:
Button & Switches
- Flash Release Button – Side Access
- Flash Mode Switch – Switching from “Bounce /Direct” – Located on Side
- Flash Tele Position for use in Direct mode – Located on Top Side
The ON/OFF switch is intelligently incorporated into the flip up/down hinge mechanism.
- Flash Mode – complimenting Sticker indicator at the Rear of flash
- Diffuser “Tele” position marking – Top Rear of flash
- Flash “Chg” = Charged – Amber LED Indicator at Rear of flash
- Flash in “ON” – Green LED + Marking line – Rear of Flash
– When battery power is low, the “ON” LED may turn Red. Indicating that battery might need to be changed as charging time might be longer.
– When the flash is Over-Heated – the “ON” LED will Blink Red.
It could be clearly seen how simple the overall user interface of the HVL-F20AM is. The flash will function like a normal flash when used in the Fill-in mode, and functions as a “trigger” for all wireless flashes when the “Wireless” flash mode is selected on camera without the in-built pop-up flash – A900, A850 (These are the two cameras currently comes without on board pop-up flash April 2010).
Next: HVL-F20AM – Flash Test